The Two Oceans Graduate Institute (TOGI) Admission Requirements: 2022/2023 for all the courses at the Postgraduate, undergraduate, certificate & diploma level is updated every year.
Therefore, this article contains the full list of all the diploma, undergraduate and other courses coupled with their general requirements.
For admission into programs of study at the Two Oceans Graduate Institute (TOGI) for any first degree or second degree, an applicant must have the following requirements for successful admission.
TWO OCEANS GRADUATE INSTITUTE (TOGI) ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
BEd Intermediate Phase Education
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) with matriculation exemption
- Minimum APS score of 26 excluding Life Orientation
- English ≥ 4
- Afrikaans ≥ 3
- Mathematics ≥ 3
- Mathematical Literacy ≥ 4
- Students who completed the NSC in 2008 or thereafter, but have not obtained endorsements, will be considered conditionally for alternative admission after the age of 23 (candidates will be required to complete a RPL portfolio development course).
- NQF Level 4 National Certificate (Vocational) with endorsement for entry into Bachelor studies
- Teachers who are in possession of a recognised certificate or diploma in education or another relevant field may present their qualifications for admission towards recognition of prior learning (RPL) and the transfer of credits
- Students who obtained a Senior Certificate before 2008 will qualify for submission if they have passed English at the higher grade with a D symbol or at the standard grade with a C symbol.
- Admission of foreign students: foreign students are requested to present all secondary and tertiary qualifications obtained in their country of origin
PGCE Senior Phase and Further Education and Training Teaching
- SAQA registered Bachelor’s degree (NQF level 7 or 8)
- Diploma (360 credits, NQF level 6)
- Bachelor’s degrees and Diplomas presented for admission should include sufficient subject content knowledge (disciplinary learning) pertaining to the Senior and FET school subjects relevant to the teaching methodologies
- Admission to the PGCE relates to the subjects prospective students’ completed in their undergraduate degree or diploma
- Approval of a degree or diploma for admission to the PGCE is dependent on the specific combination of courses and modules successfully completed in the degree or diploma
- Admission of students will be determined by the extent to which academic content, embedded in the degree or diploma related to a particular Senior and FET subject specialization is sufficient to teach that subject
- If the entry degree or diploma does not contain sufficient prior study in the disciplines underpinning the specialization, additional content modules are required before or taken concurrently with admission into the PGCE (Senior Phase and Further Education and Training Teaching)
- Diplomas in the following fields are appropriate for admission: Engineering; Fine Art; Dance; Music; Dramatic Art; Business Studies; Accounting; Applied Sciences; Mathematics Technology.
- List of Courses Offered at Two Oceans Graduate Institute (TOGI) >>>
- Two Oceans Graduate Institute (TOGI) Student Portal >>>
- View Two Oceans Graduate Institute (TOGI) Prospectus in PDF >>>
- How to Access for Two Oceans Graduate Institute (TOGI) Online Application Forms >>>
- Two Oceans Graduate Institute (TOGI) Fee Structure >>>
- How to Check your Two Oceans Graduate Institute (TOGI) Application Status >>>